View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:19 PM
puff601
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get Full Website view in Opera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
there is a tweak on this site and on the myopera site that you can put into the user-agent string that will force it to display full sites. or if you use internet explorer theres an option in the tools menu that easily switches between mobile and desktop. it works really well, 9 out of every 10 websites i visit return me the desktop version with this option set.
yep, i did a little writeup on this a while ago... the problem is that your opera user-agent tells these websites that you are using a mobile browser so it automatically redirects you to their mobile version of the site instead of the desktop version. i also noticed that having the browser set as a mobile browser messes up the reply box here on ppcgeeks and a few other sites. the reply box becomes grayed out, unable to enter text. like the reply box never fully loaded. basically what you need to do to solve all of this is change your user agent. follow these steps to change it:

1) type opera:config in opera's address bar
2) scroll down to user prefs
3) scroll down to custom user agent
4) delete "(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0)"
or you can change it to desktop user agent, but ive found deleting it is alot easier with the same results
5) scroll down to save
6) restart opera
7) enjoy!

i hope that helps man, that used to drive me nuts before i figured out what was causing it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.