Old 09-04-2010, 02:04 AM
yahknow1
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yahknow1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sync phone to PC Problems

I guess I spoke too soon, My phone seems to be very VERY finicky when it comes to connecting to my PC. I got it to connect twice now, and have tried, unsuccessfully many times.

I can't determine what exactly the quark is that needs to be satisfied in order for it to finally connect? At first I thought it must be something to do with my PC coming out of Hibernate mode, but that seems to be only part of the deal? It seems as though, like tahlsr mentioned, it prefers the rear USB ports, but that's not a sure thing. I've only been able to get it to connect fully twice and that was on a fresh restart AND going into the phones settings, clicking on, "Running Services" and shutting down all that weren't needed.

One very odd thing that I am curious about though?...The people on tech support kept telling me to touch the top of the screen where the little USB symbol is...they say it should "Drop Down" and let me perform options...The manual also talks this way... So, the thing is I, touch the symbol on the top curtain(I think is what you call it?) (like the Tray of Windows only at the top of screen) and the ONLY thing it ever does, is drop a single Grey bar with three hash marks on it, kind of what the manual says I should be able to push on and get something to happen?

EVERY thing else about this phone so far is fantastic, I really think it's prolly a driver issue, I'd hate to give up on it because of this...but this is something I have to concentrate on and fix, I don't want to have too many instances of this type of thing happening, it gets really really old. I hope it's just me and/or the settings/drivers being wrong?

I'll pick up on this more tomorrow. Hopefully I can get somebody at tech support on a Saturday? In the meantime, if anyone else has any suggestions I'm all ears?

Paul
PS One thing I'm going to try is using a different MicroSD chip in the phone, see if that has any affect?