View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 03:14 AM
bobturismo
Regular 'Geeker

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is htc done with winmo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relisted View Post
windows mobile dead
windows phone alive.
if apple just redid their OS and called granny smith its still apple OS
they just redid winmo and put a new name on it.
IMO
wrong ? right?
somebody give me feedback
Well, from what I've read so far, it looks like a complete change in direction a new project from scratch, using android/iphone as a basis.

So instead of an OS that is more like the windows on a desktop computer, it's more like an android/iphone. Because you can't lockup/crash an iphone by just using it out of the box, where as if you take a WinMo phone and start doing dumb stuff to it (deleting files, installing a bazillion programs), it will crash like mofo.

The reason an iphone and android work so well is because it's so restricted, you can't do a whole a lot to **** it up without unlocking it or getting into the programming. At the same time, you can do less, if you unlock an iphone and allow it to multitask, it starts to lag and slow down.

I'm sure this isn't up to date, so there might be some discrepancies.

Quote:
-The User Interface is based upon codename "METRO". It will be very similar to the Zune HD User Interface with a complete revamp of the "Start" screen. The UI is "Very Clean", "Soulful" and "Alive"
-Unfortunately there will be no Flash support at the get go as there was not enough time to implement these features.
-Windows Phone 7 will only support application installation through service based delivery. (i.e Marketplace). Application installation via storage card will not be possible.
- No Multi-Task support. Applications will "Pause" when in the background, however will support notifications via push notifications.

-Marketplace will now support "try before you buy" as well as an API
-No NETCF backwards compatibility. This means the original rumor of no backward compatibility for applications holds to be true. That being said, there are high hopes of porting the NetCF to the newer platform easily.
-Microsoft is confident that devices will be ready by September 2010
-Full Zune Integration
-Windows Mobile Device Center will no longer be used. Zune software to take over syncing via PC.

-OEM Interfaces will not be allowed to run on the device. Say goodbye to Sense UI / SPB Mobile Shell / Point UI / Infinity, etc, etc
-Full XBOX Gaming Integration (Gamer tag, achievements, friends, avatars, merchandising, etc)
-Full support for social networking
Yeah....... no thanks.

Last edited by bobturismo; 09-03-2010 at 03:17 AM.