View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
coolpoete
Regular 'Geeker

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie seeking information about Google Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishguy View Post
The question is not, "Does google maps work fine on the Imagio." Yes google maps works fine on the Imagio. The question is does google navigation work on the Imagio? The difference between maps and navigation is spoken turn by turn directions with street names. Bing does that for me. Google does not.

So are you saying that google navigation works for you? Or that just plain old maps works for you?
I think it's important to specify differences between programs here:

- There was a very old version of "Google Navigator" that featured turn by turn navigation for Windows Mobile. Google has NOT updated this application. I would not recommend this app to anyone.
- Google has updated "Google Maps" for Android (and maybe Blackberry / Iphone?) that features turn-by-turn navigation.
- The Google Maps that is currently available for Windows Mobile does NOT have turn by turn navigation.
- Bing has turn by turn navigation and is the best free turn by turn navigation app for Windows Mobile currently.
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE

Last edited by coolpoete; 09-02-2010 at 11:11 PM.