View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Galaxy Series Review Thread

Ok just got back from the Sprint store playing with the Epic. Comparing it to my Version 3 (epson) screen EVO and their version 2 (nova) EVO.

Initial comment, whoa this thing is lite. Checked to see if it was real not a dummy demo, then checked if it really had a battery in it.. lol

First, as mentioned in a separate thread I made today, why is the power/data cable on top of the phone... It's kinda weird having it attached to the car charger with the cable dangling from the top.

Screen-wise; The Epic I was looking at has an amazing screen, colors, contrast, clarity, very nice. The Evo with the version 2 (nova/pink hue) screen looked very nice next to it as well, but the Epic still wins IMO. The Evo with the version 3 screen (epson/mine) looked dull and washed compared to both (boo hiss hiss boo). As far as a the 4.0" vs 4.3" it's noticeable but isn't a big deal.

Thickness, sure it's really not that much thicker than the Evo. But it's rounded shape give it the visual illusion of being thicker, where the Evo visually looks thinner.

Evo feels sturdier, beefier, solid because of it's weight. The Epic feels like it's empty, a toy, the materials also give off that impression.

Snappy, responsive, similar to the Evo, it's just that screen clarity that the Epic has with both side by side that just wins.

The vibration/tactile feedback feels kinda weird, like the Intercept's, but not like the Moment's. Come to think of it, it feels and looks like a bigger Intercept.

Oh, the camera. The Epic's colors were just better, it's focus is quicker. My Evo's colors looked dull/washed when looking at the screen, but that's not to say the pictures would have ended up looking better looking at them through a PC. As I was looking through each phone's screens, it's not a fair comparison of the end result.

The Keyboard, nice, but didn't use it, swype is just great.

Don't get me wrong, I am still impressed. It is a worthy phone. Wish it was thinner, less rounded and just a tad heavier.. If I could, I'd get one..

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 09-06-2010 at 12:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.