geotravelcat
PPCGeeks Regular

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Blurry camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
My camera suddenly started taking blurry pictures and I figured out from a previous post that it's because of a hazy film of something on the lens cover in the back cover of the TP2. One fix is to remove the cover but I'd rather not have the back open and the lens exposed and the camera was taking decent pictures before with the lens cover in place. I tried cleaning the lens cover but I can't find a way to remove the hazy film that is on the cover that is causing the blurry pictures.

Has anyone discovered a way to fix this with a new lens cover or a way to clean it.

Thanks.
I had a similar issue so I decided to try it without the lens cover, WOW, what a difference. Even before the problem, the pics are better. I do not treat my phone with the respect the price tag deserves and with the cover being off for about 6 months now, I can say I have not had any issues. Of course, with the lens cover on you protect the glass from scratches but it is recessed quite a bit and as long as you dust it now and again, you should be fine. Also, the lense cover, when popped out has a sticky film around the non-clear edges which will allow you to restick it if you decide keeping it off is not for you. It sticks from the inside of the phones batt cover so what I did was just restick it to a lowered area and replaced the back plate. Now the lens cover is with the phone all the time but my pics are without the cover. Works like a charm!!!! Better GPS pics too!

Another plus is that I noticed a heat reduction because, or course, there is a larger area for the heat to disipate. Good luck!!

Oh and one more thing, if you had a TP before this, you would notice a big difference in quality due to the lighting and flash capabilities on the TP vs. none on the TP2. This option allows a lot more light in the camera which brightens the tones to a better look since there is no flash.

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!

Last edited by geotravelcat; 09-01-2010 at 04:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.