View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 05:11 PM
puff601
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[TWEAK] Gain Up To 20MB Of Ram With This Cab

Hey guys. Im always looking for ways to free up RAM and program memory on my tp2. i stumbled across a way to free up to 20mb of RAM by disabling PreLoadRes.exe.

What is PreLoadRes.exe and what does it do?
PreLoadRes.exe stands for Preload Resources. This exe loads up to 20mb of files at startup so that certain apps load faster. This PreLoadRes.exe doesnt seem to make anything load any faster, and we all know we could use the extra 20mb of free ram. This tweak has also been used in custom roms such as Mighty Mike and NRG's roms. Disabling PreLoadRes.exe has had no negative effects on my Sprint tp2 on stock 6.5 rom. There is a cab file attached, thanks to dunebuggydude11 for making the cab. This is fully uninstallable if you decide you no longer want to use it. All the cab file does is remove the following registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\BootLauncher\Apps\P reLoadRes]

This stops PreLoadRes.exe from loading

ENJOY!
Attached Files
File Type: reg PreLoadRes.reg (388 Bytes, 49 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Disable PreLoadResProxy.cab (607 Bytes, 115 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by puff601; 09-04-2010 at 12:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.