View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
bignadad
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: BiGnAdAd {How To} Manually Deodex Your Froyo Droid X to Allow Custom Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
Thanks Big. I tried it on my rooted Droid X, with the Froyo 2.2 leak installed. And I keep erroring out at step 4 when it tries to deodex framework.odex. See image . . . I've checked the host forum and no solution. I've tried it over and over.

Any thoughts?
This is one thing i found. will continue to look into this

OutOfMemoryError

If your Java program is running out of memory, there are several things you can do.
  1. Make unused objects garbage collectable.
  2. Avoid excessive object creation.
  3. Allocate more memory for the heap.
  4. Choose an alternative technique (eg, caching).
First you should understand where things are in memory, and typical reasons for running out of memory. Stack and Heap

Memory is allocated in two regions.
  • The stack is where local variables (declared in methods and constructors) are allocated. Local varables are allocated when a method is entered, and deallocated when the method is exited. Because local variables are small, only primitive types and references, it is very unlikely that the stack will overflow, except in a case of unusually deep or infinite recursion.
  • The heap is where all objects are allocated with new. It is the heap that is more likely to run out of memory. There are several approaches to solving out-of-memory problems in the heap.
Make unused objects garbage collectable

Java's automatic garbage collection recycles an object's memory when there is no active reference to it. When you are finished using a large data structure, make sure there are no references to it. It's easy to leave a reference to unused object around. Assigning null to the reference at the root of the data structure may be sufficient.
I wrote a program which processed source programs in three phases, building a large data structure for the output of each phase. I carelessly kept references to the data structures from the first two phases, even tho I no longer needed them. I was surprised to run out of memory. Simply assigning null to these variables for the unused data structures solved my problem.

This post has been thanked 1 times.