View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 08:53 AM
Fr3nZy
Lurker

Fr3nZy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Please help with this backlight issue / sod

I developed the SOD/backlight issue a few days ago but I didn't realize until today that the backlight was effected too. The phone ran fine for months on sprints stock rom and nothing was changed or installed on the phone for weeks. Then, all of a sudden the phone wouldn't wakeup from standby. The buttons and keypad light would come on if I slide the keyboard out but the phone would still be stuck in standby. This is a pain! especially when the screen turns off during a call and i cant even use the endkey button or the oskb. I flashed to NRG roms thinking my rom got corrupted but no dice. I then task29 and flashed back to sprint stock and it still happens everytime.

I disabled autosleep and I noticed that the lcd no longer autodims since the issue started. when I tried to adjust the backlight levels the brightness wouldn't respond to the settings. I even put them on there lowest and restarted and nothing changed. I don't know if the communication problem between the OS and backlight is a hardware or software issue, I'm guess it's hardware and is the cause of the SOD.

any advice? I'll mostly likely have to junk it if it's a hardware issue