View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: First Impressions of the Epic: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepreneur724 View Post
We absolutely cannot leave the TP2 without any credit. Battery life was DECENT enough to last throughout the day -- well if you don't go too crazy with tethering. For some reason, even because I have not even tested it yet, I think the Epic's battery life isn't going to be so great. Remember the Palm Pre's battery life? It was...well...terribad..... I hope the Epic doesn't end up like that though. I assume since Samsung made a "handy dandy extra battery pouch." -- it could be their excuse for "Oh, yeah, the Epic will have bad battery life so we made an accessory option of having an extra battery pouch on-the-go."

TP2 was great when it came out; speaker phone was quite amazing too. It could have had much more potential....

Froyo: Let's see what you have for the Epic. I want you to blow me away like Hurricane Daniella, which is imminent in NY. LOL!

gTen:

Dude I owe you so much for beguiling me to buy a Epic. LOL -- you were better than google for sure. You're best bet is too really just buy it in stores.... Some users on eBay just give you the "iffy" feeling. I hate that. Personally, I like the feeling of going into the store....Getting that nice "new" smell box...Opening myself....Feeling the awesomeness that comes through a brand new electronic device....It's almost like buying a brand new BMW M3, well not quite.....
Battery life may improve as we get to tweak the device more...and there are things on Android that let you underclock the phone while on stanby and etc to gain battery life...overall though Epic should definitely put out a lot less battery life then it is using now..this is same for some other Galaxy S models..some say its the batteries..others say there is something weird..overall though you will have better battery life then say an EVO either way...

Oh and don't worry I'm kidding..just a little upset I can't get it due to my flight..I may be able to quickly pop into a Sprint store and hope they offer one with no reservation..I guess bright side is I'll be out for a Hurricane :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)