View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 01:16 AM
revaaron
Almost a VIP

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First Impressions of the Epic: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

the tp2 is basically the worst of the phones I had (mogul, tp, tp2). it's basically the same hardware inside from the mogul that was already too slow for winmo5, but they now have it driving a bigger screen and running winmo6.5. Also, I loved SenseUI's condensed mainpage, but the txt caching was the worst... 1K txts and the phone is unusable. I loaded 22K from my phone and forget about it. the phone is dead... so dead that deleting the txt isn't enough. you have to flash it. which I did ever two weeks.
Also SOD sleep of death! it's something with the hardware cause it SOD's on me in android too.
Also, here's every phone call I receive first thing in the am.
*ring ring*
*slide screen*
"hello?"
*ring ring* goes the phone beside my head
now I get a potluck, I either froze the phone so I have to pull the battery or I try to pick up again at which point the phone registers the first pick up as a pick up (10-20 seconds later) and the second pick up as a hang up.

here's me trying to do almost anything on the phone... click... nothing... wait... click... nothing... wait... click... nothing... wait... click... nothing... wait... click... nothing... wait... click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing...click... nothing... wait... put in pocket where it starts burning up or pull battery and reboot.
The android port is the only reason I didn't throw that damn thing through the window.
Epic in 6.5hrs.