PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JustLok is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Old Versions of Internet Browsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
what video format is the feed in? what error does it get? you probably need tcpmp or coreplayer. have you tried opera or skyfire.
The manual says that it has H.264 compression. It's not really an error, more like it's missing a plugin that allows it to work. I can get the plugin installed with IE (regular, not 64bit) on the pc, but on the phone's browser the plugin won't install/doesn't display an option to be installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I would try skyfire. It's not always the fastest, but usually works with streaming video since everything gets fed to skyfires servers and then they send it to your phone (if I'm remembering right...).
I have 4 different browsers (opera 9 with Mr.X, opera 10 mini, skyfire, and regular IE) to which none of them work, I thought skyfire would've too since it plays flash and whatever else plugin usually needed for media streaming, but with that, it just shows me an icon of a jigsaw piece and says "download plugin" and when I click on it, it doesn't register at all.

I figured that since it works only with IE on the pc, it would work only with IE on the phone. No such luck, which made me wonder if it only works with an older browser that's more bare bones or whatnot.