View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:20 PM
AZTECHKA
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone like the start menu on wp7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I just keep thinking about, no file access, no cut and paste, no Remote Desktop app, no manually installable apps....I am a sort of MS fanboy but, sorry, it's the only thing that passes through my head when we talk about WP7....(the flaws)

As for the start menu, it looks interesting, the 10 min with the emulator seems ok, but, it's the real world useage for a few weeks before I can honestly say I love it but, as of right now, it looks better than current offerings.

I hear you... Just remember that Cut and Paste will eventually come. file access will probably be handled via the cloud.
I can't speak for remote destop as I don't use it but manually installable apps are probably never coming back. It's not a bad tradeoff though. If you loose your phone. Your replacement will look EXACTLY the way your old one did as the apps you installed will be tracked by MS. No need to hold onto all those cabs.
I'm giving it a serious try and will stick with it for a couple of revision. If I trully don't like it... There's always an alternative or two.
p.