Thread: Windows7 on TP?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 01:02 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows7 on TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipper_cr View Post
Also I thought the WinPhone needed multi touch to work and the TP did not support that.
That will probably be the least of the concerns... I would say hardware like processor, memory, etc are going to be much more difficult - unless there's a native device that is similar enough... or if Microsoft just reuses an old kernel from WinCE (which I heard they're not doing... supposedly) then it may be easier than I am assuming.

But based on what little is known about the OS, it won't be an easy task. Microsoft really wants us to think they're building a new mobile OS from the ground up - and if that's the case it make take even longer to dive into it and port it.

You are correct that the TP has a resistive and not capacitive screen, I just don't think that will be a big deal. You'll just have it running without the fancy mutitouch features.