View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 11:45 PM
creedo
PPCGeeks Regular

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PLEASE help. I have tried a million cabs to fix picture mail.

I flashed mightyrom and customized the crap out of it. REALLY don't want to hard reset or flash a new rom. For some dumb reason it's missing picture mail. Google says lots of people have this issue, but they eventually get it straightened out. Not me. I've tried all of these with no luck:

Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44.cab
Sprint ArcSoft Threaded MMS 5.2.12.45.cab
Flyers2114TweaksSprint_5_0_94_128c.cab
Arcsoft_MMS_5_2_6_45U.cab
PictureMail_0.2.2.3.CAB
WinPM.CAB
MMS Fix (M2.5) (General) (Valkyrie).cab

I never got the usual sprint TP2 6.5 picture message interface. In pocket outlook, either the menu option to attach anything was grayed out, or when I clicked it, nothing came up... no file browser, etc.

The Valkyrie cab was the most promising. Before, texts seemed to be integrated into pocket outlook. This cab had a different UI (see pic) that looked similar to the sense texting tab. I attached my file, and I was also able to get into the options and set the MMS server-related options. Filled them in carefully and fully. The message TRIES to send (I get an icon in the notification area saying it's sending) but then it comes back with an error. No details given.

I tried this promising post and deleted files and registry entries. I uninstalled every arcsoft or similar cab (including that valkyrie cab). Then I installed the suggested file (Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44.cab), changed the registry entry, and then... where it says to go to options, I'm hitting a wall because I'm not getting the options page I'm supposed to. I'm still seeing the Valkyrie cab interface. I guess it didn't uninstall even with SKtools. On top of that, I'm getting a weird popup (see pic) when I try to send. I click either option and nothing happens. So it's almost worse than before.

Any ideas (don't say hard reset/new rom)?

Last edited by creedo; 08-28-2010 at 11:48 PM.