View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 05:16 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: How long for Froyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
I think the question is will Samsung bring Gingerbread to the Galaxy S line. In my opinion that's why Samsung released it with the "stale" Eclair. As long as they give you ONE update they can say the device was supported during the warranty period. Just look at how fast Verizon is killing their lineup, the Droid 2, which just was released has a kill date of March, not even a year...

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet the only way the Epic will see Gingerbread is if it comes with a side of the community frosting.
I wouldn't count it out yet...the Galaxy S is not aimed at HTC but the iphone..and the iphone does offer 1 year upgrades at the very least...supposidly the next Galaxy S will come out 1 year from now aka May-June 2011...we willl have Gingerbread this fall...I'd like to see how samsung can justify over 6 month of not upgrading to gingerbread...on a "premium brand"

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)