View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:29 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Buying a Samsung Epic 4G on eBay: Safe or not safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepreneur724 View Post
I insist to call you Mr. Epic -- why? Because you know literally everything about this phone. You may be a Samsung fan-boy (never really see those around, LOL) -- you're pretty much dead on with what you said. Since eBay uses Paypal it's safe, but my concern is getting an Epic that was a display model, beta model, etc. I would hate the feeling of unboxing a phone that was already unboxed, yet considered new when I buy it. I bet you agree with me.
You can check the revision on it...for example..my guess is demo units would have older firmware then ones released to the public. As for a refurbished, you can look that as all refurbished models have an indicator in the phone settings...In ebay some people state that NIB, aka the box has never been opened, if they say this and the box is opened, you can get your money back just on those grounds(but it has to state never been opened)...or if you add 7$ insurance you can prob exchange it in a few days..assuming they are in stock..

Oh and by the way I'm NOT a samsung fanboy...I'm a FINALLY SOME DECENT HARDWARE fanboy...lol...I personally use HTC phones in general..but what I don't like about HTC is they always give us outdated hardware ...the only reason HTC was even usable for winmo is because the community was there to support it..otherwise the devices barely ran...now I'm not hating on HTC, I just wish they'd give some decent hardware already! I mean the EVO phone we knew about 2 years ago..and were all drooling over it..it would have been a great phone a year ago but for 2010 is dated...I mean do you know how sad it is when our so called super phones have worse specs then iphones?!?!?!

The Galaxy S line is the first phone ever since the iPhone 2G to actually be superior to the iphone in terms of hardware...

Another reason I am liking this is I don't like the fanboy mentality in general..in US we are stuck with our carriers due to how they work and they have very limited cell phone selection...now if HTC is the only phone we go for..we pretty much become no better then an iphone fanboy...instead I prefer an ecosystem where I actually have choice and choose based on what the companies give us rather then blindly follow 1 brand. In such a limited market I want to choose whats best..not say wait 5 years for HTC to choose to say release a keyboard phone on my carrier...

In a way this is Samsung's chance to "prove themselves" to us that they are worthy of us the community...if they screw this up they are not gonna get another chance from me for at least 5-10 years..maybe even never >.> (see I'm pretty harsh when it comes to these things)

The great hardware is already there..they just need to support it for at least a year...so far they are doing ok...but the big question would be if they actually fix the plaguing issues and give us gingerbread.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-28-2010 at 03:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.