View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Gorby
PPCGeeks Regular

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Replacing the Touch Screen Digitizer

Definitely not an easy DIY task I tell you. I bought a broken TP2 for parts from eBay because I wanted to figure out why my TP2 does not alight perfectly when closed and I took the whole top section apart, including taking the LCD off the digitizer and cracking the LCD in the process. I am pretty good hands-on and I watched all the guides before, but after seeing how fragile this thing is I would not attempt to do it on my working TP2. I am glad I had a practice run on the broken one. I did figure out the problem with alignment though and it is fixable but not worth the risk to me.

By the way, if you want to practice too it would cost you 25 bucks since the guy is still selling them, search for "HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint) Cell Phone For Parts >No Brain" on the bay. Much cheaper then breaking the real thing if you ask me. Disclaimer: I have no relation to the seller, just providing the info that I hope will help.