View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 11:01 AM
y0himba
Regular 'Geeker

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba
Re: Piracy, warez and You.

You know, I read a lot of excuses and justifications, but it boils down to this: If you use pirated materials, you are stealing. You are nothing more than the lowlife that breaks into your car, or the scum that hacks into your computer and uses your personal information to buy things.

Yes, software and music companies need to rethink strategies and many of their practices are shady or greedy, but that does not justify, and is not and excuse for piracy.

Yes, it is only software or a license, but it is copyrighted, and was created by an individual and is their property. It is like they have created a painting and it was stolen by some loser who thought it was pretty but didn't want to pay for it.

Yes, the carriers employ dirty, greedy methods to make money, but again, that does not justify a crime. That is the same as saying your neighbor runs a business that charges too much, so let's rob him.

I will pay for my music, movies and software, pay for licenses and usage rights, while lobbying LEGALLY to reform for the digital age. I would rather set a good example for my children and others than to be some intelligence lacking Hollister iClone hipster lemming who tries to appear cool by saying "everyone does it" or "it's the company's fault". "huh huh I'm too cool to type a proper sentence or read a paragraph, and I get all my stuff for free."

Grow a pair and make a stand both ways. Stand against piracy/theft because it is morally and legally wrong, and stand against the powers that be who gouge us for money without morals or whom cannot change and adapt to the new age.

Stand legal, right and proud.