jerliz
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jerliz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mapopolis & Imagio

More on the Mapopolis Map/GPS program

I guess everyone knows how frustrating it is to pay for something you really like and then to have something happen that prevents you from using it. There were so many nice features to this program before the company went out of business and would no longer support it.

Sooooo I am trying to see if I can somehow get it to work. Everything about the program seems to work ... detailed turn by turn directions on the maps, etc. I just can't get the GPS to sync with the software.

The following is the direction I received from their support when I first set Mapopolis up on my Ipaq. Can anyone in "the Imagio world" give me some pointers as to the advisability of trying or not trying any or all of the directions below to try and make the GPS on the device compatible with the Mapopolis program?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The GPS on the HP69xx is set up to be managed automatically
by the Windows Mobile operating system. To allow Mapopolis to
"see" the GPS, you must disable Windows Mobile's automatic
management of it. Here's how to do it:

1 First get a registry editor for the PPC, such as
http://breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/...ry_Editor.aspx

2 Start the registery editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Control Panel\GPS Settings and change the value for the key "Hide" from 1 to 0

3 Reboot the device.

4 Now go to Start -> Settings -> System and you will see the GPS icon

5 In the GPS app, go to the last tab and uncheck "Let Windows Manage my GPS"

6 Under the Hardware tab note the COM port of your GPS

7 Start Mapopolis and go to Menu -> Settings -> GPS -> GPS
Communications

8 Set the COM port to the same port seen in the GPS applet (One user found his built-in GPS at COM 7)

9 Go to Menu -> GPS and tap "Start GPS"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Following these directions I got the program to work with the GPS on the old IPQ .... about three years ago. Any help here would be deeply appreciated.

Jer