View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:27 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Why is iPhone not considered a smartphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
that's a pretty subjective defintion and categorization. on an iPhone you can change the wallpaper, theme it in thousands of ways, change the OS sounds, tether, carrier unlock and "customize and tinker with the OS" in so many ways.

The only difference really is that on an iPhone you can't flash a new SPL and hence cannot really flash custom ROMs. So if you want to change the definition of smartphone to "can flash custom SPL or custom recovery and hence flash completely customized ROMs instead of just hacking the existing firmware to enable root access and modify the OS by fooling the bootloader into thinking you are actually flashing a shipped firmware version" then I guess you could categorize the iPhone outside of the other 2.

But to compare it an Instinct and a Blackberry is willful disinfo IMO
Hey I'm not the one who made this up..this is from what I gather from what people are considering....the largest amount of the people considers A..B is what most of the community most likely considers...

We both know if it were up to me I'd place the iPhone right besides the Jitterbug

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)