View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 PM
creedo
PPCGeeks Regular

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's up with TP2 memory management?

I've added some stuff to try to speed up the phone... Uninstalled bloat, tweaked settings, and reinstalled new stuff to storage card (but of course I want it to be pretty so I'm running cookie's home tab which eats up memory).

Since doing all this I'm not sure if I'm any better off. I had to get rid of htc task manager 2, clicking some links (even just forum threads) would kill opera. My phone just rebooted randomly as I got a text. And from day one, if I hang up out of opera and run something else, opera 10's gonna die.

It's weird because some days I can get 3-4 things going (opera, media player, text) and they run for a long time. Other days, I run two things and switch to the second and first is gone.

I'm a little scared to flash a custom rom, I like my sprint stock 6.5 rom, but I've heard there's a memory leak? Is that the problem? Also I hear lots of wild claims about custom roms and I'm not sure I buy them. Two days without recharging? 6 big apps running all day? Is this for real?

Lastly might this help? It's for older WM without sense running on top, but it claims it has an exception list so some apps don't automatically close. Might that work for me? http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=2132