View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:06 PM
info[]box1
Exigent Circumstance

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Run Task 29 from SD card ,Task 29 RUU_signed.NBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
It is my understanding that the most important part of the TASK29 process, is the command that the executable sends at the conclusion of the flash process. Without a file to flash, the process will not execute, thus folks started out with radio files and then settled on a boot image as the least intrusive flashable object. So, if you extract the nbh from a task29 self-extracting archive, you'll more than likely end up with an *.nbh object, which consists of a boot splash screen.

I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong, but this is my understanding.

Best regards,
-boggsie

<edit> and this probably should be merged on to the end of the existing thread which covers task29 ...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I am all but certain that the *.nbh file is either a radio or a boot splash image. The wipe portion of TASK29 is accomplished by the RomUpdateUtility.exe file that is included in the TASK29.exe self-extracting-archive.

Best regards,
-boggsie
boggsie you sound very very confident in your post. until further grounds is gained with actual fact though testing,.. im with you.