View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Tybalt39
PPCGeeks Regular

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No sound on HTC touch pro 2 Verizon (can't hear ringtone or spearphone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irinachukhray View Post
Hi,

I just bought my HTC touch pro2 online (ebay). The seller claims the phone was used for a just a couple of weeks, so basically it is brand new. The phone has no physical signs of use...it actually looks new. The problem is the SOUND.

If I call someone, I can hear them perfectly and they can hear me. But if I tap the speakerphone icon or change to speakerphone by holding down the talk key, nothing happens and I can't hear the person on the other end.

I also just discovered that no sound comes at all from the phone when I try to pick out a ring tone. I can't hear the ring tones in the menu when I am going through them.

I tried a hard reset but it is still the same. Can someone please help? (I am in need of specific instructions if possible )

Thank you!
When you remove the battery cover (the back of the phone), one of the four screws in the corners of the phone should have a "void" sticker (or some other anti-tampering marker) on it. Is it there? If not, someone may have tried to disassemble the phone and failed. The speaker assembly is the first component to be removed in the dis-assembly process (after the battery). If there is no "void" sticker anywhere, you might (if you are fearless) try to remove the speaker, look it over for damage, then put it back and try the phone again. There are dis-assembly instructions in another thread here. Good luck!!
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)