View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 AM
matt314159
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

matt314159 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Reassign keys on a bluetooth keyboard?

I'm truly sorry for the triple-post folks, but is there anyone who can steer me in the right direction in assigning these new buttons in aekmap? i swear I thought i had the config file set up properly, I tried all kinds of different things, but they either errored out (which is great because then at least I know it won't work) but the ones that it accepted, don't seem to change a thing on the bluetooth keyboard. I'm figuring either 1) it's not possible after all or 2) I'm still not doing it right. (which one do you think is more likely, I'm going to go toward the latter).

Is there a better forum i should have put this in? I'd be glad to "report" myself and ask a mod to move it if I've stumbled into unwelcome territory. I just feel like the answer is lying there just out of my reach, and it should be so simple! I do have a small amount of programming experience (very small, a semester of java) but at least I understand some concepts like variables, etc. This has to be so simple!

*edit*

Yay, got it fixed, and, indeed, it was quite easy. I think the problem I was having before was that the "00" key on the 10-key isn't re-assignable. I changed it to reassign the "-" key instead and it worked fine. Thus:
Code:
Layout ScoutPal Layout
Hint ScoutPal
Key 00BD c0058
easy as pie.

Last edited by matt314159; 08-23-2010 at 03:20 PM.