View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 12:10 AM
tedkord
Lurker

tedkord is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So according to Apple & Jobs we are victims on the "Death Grip" as well...

But, according to Jobs, the iPhone4 doesn't have a problem. So, explain to me, if the exposed antenna isn't the reason for the signal degradation, then how exactly does the free bumper solve it?

Steve Jobs is full of it. Both Anandtech and CR showed scientifically that the iPhone4 loses 20-24dbm of signal when the two antenna are jumpered by contact with the user's skin. I put my Omnia II into diagnostic mode, displaying signal strength - the most I ever got it to drop was 9-11dbm. This equated to 1-2 bars. And that was covering virtually the entire phone with my hands.

Look, nobody is perfect. Every tech company puts out the occasional turd. Where Apple sinks lower is in never admitting they screwed up, blaming the user for the issue (just hold it differently), and trying to drag competitors in to the muck with staged demonstrations of their product displaying the same behavior. Reprehensible.

The iPhone4 is an awesome device in most respects. The display is stunning, the speed and stability are great. But it has an inherent design flaw, and no amount of prevarication by Stevey will change that fact.