Thread: Custom Roms?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Roms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post
Yeah im not stressin sense ui really... It would be cool to have as an option but if ever I know that wouldnt be for a Looooong time to come... really I like the stock android interface and just the ability to switch and swap out different launcers would be cool... but Im not sure you can do that off the bat, as all the reviews ive seen seem to just show touch wiz and discuss it as tho its the only option. The new touch wiz doesnt look that bad tho, my main concern is that bottom row of short cut icons, which(unlike other galaxy s models) sprint seems to have locked in w/ new way to swap or switch for personal options... stil its workable...

none the less custom will of course bring other options to the table, like the possibility of mobile hot spotting without the extra 30 data plan add on...
The community will probably find a way to edit the bottom buttons...as for the tethering we get that with rooting...

But if you really want stock android in the end we got some progress on that too:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132002

(its for the vibrant but I'm sure with a few minor changes will work for epic as well)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.