View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
srsizzy
N00b

srsizzy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[mis-diagnosed] Phone Won't Power On

Okay, my battery was at like 10%, I turned off my phone and connected it with a regular USB to Mini-USB cord (not the normal power cord) -- I've done this all the time with this and my Mogul with no problem.

Sitting here on the computer, the phone powers on by itself. I unplug it, and set it aside. A few minutes later I go to turn the screen on, and nothing happens. I hit the soft-reset button and nothing happens, I hold down the power and nothing happens, I remove the battery and put it back and nothing happens, I plug it back in and try to power it on and nothing happens (though the light shows that it's charging), try the hard-reset combination of buttons and nothing happens.

What the hell just happened to my phone? I found one thread on XDA that reported a similar problem with no real responses. Did my phone just die? I think this might have happened before, and all I did was leave the battery out for a few minutes and then put it back and it worked, but I'm not sure if I'm misremembering. That hasn't worked anyways.

Any info on this problem? I REALLY don't want to send it in for replacement without even being able to back it up, nor do I want to unnecessarily buy a new battery (which might not even work).