View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 PM
kcrlshell
N00b
Threadstarter

kcrlshell is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone willing to explain this data connection thing to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
are we getting closer to the answers your looking for now?
LOL...I know, it seems like I'm really belaboring the point. I don't mean to be a dunderhead. It's just that with data limits looming on some of the other carriers, I wish to be certain about when my phone is using my home wifi and when it's using the Sprint data in case things change at Sprint as well.

I do understand that the phone cannot literally be downloading via data and wifi simultaneously. If I'm reading your post right, you're saying that if the Wifi has finished it's connection animation and appears solid (checking the wifi details in comm manager will show my router named with good signal and a green check mark), my phone will use that connection regardless of whether the next over icon is showing phone only icon or data connection on icon because data cannot work while there is an open active wifi network engaged.

LOL...all I want is for that Data connection to remain Off until I manually go to the comm manager and turn it on. and THAT I cannot seem to figure out, but perhaps that doesn't matter.

Thank you, and thank you again, and I will use the thank you button as well. Knowing the active wifi connection supercedes the data connection solves the question I'm having.