View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
CozBoogie
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Tired of palm pro... hows the PRE?

I'm gonna chime in as well....

Pros:
1. WebOS is rock solid. Rarely have to soft reset the phone and the swipe/gesture aspect of navigating around the OS is pure genius.
2. Hard keyboard.
3. Screen brightness and clarity are both wonderful. Very readable outside.
4. Touchstone....enough said.
5. True hardware mute switch. I love being able to kill all sounds with one flick of the switch.
6. Email and messaging integration. The Pre handles all types of email accounts. I also love having all types of messaging (IM, SMS, Chat, etc.) all consolidated under one thread for that specific person. I can be IM'ing my wife via Windows Messenger and then seamlessly start SMS'ing her.
7. Patches and the WebOS community. Amazing stuff coming out of that community. Don't look at patching as a con either...given the ease and openness of WebOS you can tweak your phone to your liking with very little effort. Who new I'd want a patch that automatically turns on my GPS when I open Google Maps and then turns off GPS when I close Google Maps?
8. HP buying Palm. Opens the door to WebOS finding its way onto more devices, systems, etc.
9. Synergy. Love having all of my contacts, etc. seamlessly sync, etc.

Cons:
1. WebOS. While it's rock solid and Palm has been good about updates....it seems to have stalled.
2. Hardware. While the Pre was a solid effort we need a new handset from HP/Palm. Would love to see WebOS on the EVO.
3. Hard keyboard. It's cramped and hard to use.
4. HP buying Palm. Unsure how HP will deploy WebOS or if they will continue to support mobile phones.
5. App Catalog. While stuff is always being developed...it's pretty limited in scope.

That's just a few things off the top of my head.

late,
Coz