View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 AM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: changing sliders and lockscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
Another thing I have noticed in the last day is that if I respring, I end up with several invisible icons. If you click them it takes you to a blank web page. I can delete them and it asks if I want to delete "" bookmark. If you do that and then respring they come right back. Any idea what that's all about?

those are called "iBlanks"

a lot of themes require certain items or icons to be placed near the bottom. Since you cannot move an icon to the bottom without having something at the top, they created a workaround by creating blank, transparent icons that are basically iconless bookmarks. If you set up 4 per row and line up the first 2 rows with these iBlanks, you can fill that space up with a Hero Clock or something, and have real icons at the bottom.

the reason they "come back" is maybe you have more than you think, so when you delete one it gets replaced by another. Or any time you install a new theme, sometimes i will load them as part of the theme.

edit:

check this theme out:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122270

on the 3rd image (the one with the desire clock and weather), normally icons would cover that area, but since he's got 3 rows of iBlanks, it just shows the clocks, with the 4th row being real icons.