View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 AM
blockhead428
Regular 'Geeker

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Music Player Not reading Tag Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrae View Post
Thanks ShackMaster for your information and the link. I have spent entirely too much time on this. Tonight I tried Media Monkey. No album art. I also tried to convert using Freerip. Again no album art but they are in the correct order. I am willing to spend the time converting my wma files to Mp3 format but I am not willing to try to add the album art later. There just must be an easier way to do this. I am getting myself so confused that I am not really sure anymore what I have tried and what I have not tried. In fact, I deleted an album off the phone to add it on another way and it didn't work. So I put it back on in the way I thought I had added all the other albums and guess what....no album art. Argh!
Here's what I did. Every mp3 that I wanted on my phone I added into my Winamp playlist. From there, I selected every file, right clicked, and hit "view file info". Click the ID3v1 tab and uncheck "Include ID3v1 tag in file", then hit Ok. Once that's done it will go to the next file and you just repeat the process. You can get to where you hit the space bar to uncheck and enter to go to the next file, that way it goes faster. Then you reload all that music back onto your device and you'll see album art after that.

Keep in mind this only works for files that have the ID3v2 tag already filled out. If you had album art before and the artist and title were showing up correctly then this method should work for you. It's a pain in the ass, but it works.