View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 12:47 AM
PropagandaX
Wiredengineer

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone Help?? Old Style Today Screen w/ Updated HD Clocks, Apps & Icons???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpletiveDeleted001 View Post
OK, please bear with me as I have been POURING over the forums for info. I have found nearly nothing in many weeks of searching here and at XDA.

I have enjoyed playing around w/ various ROMs and versions of Sense, and Titanium. But I've always found i grew tiresome of their complexity, unreliability, and performance robbing characteristics.

I'm a very heavy user and would always get memory issues or lag in certain Apps. and games.
So I have been setting my TP2 with Sense and Titanium Turned off (any ROM w/out this?) and setting up my Today Screen like I did on my OLD Apache, but with MUCH better speed and reliability.

Currently I have the multi colored Batti bar running across the top of my screen in 100 increments. This allows instant checks at a glance, on top of all programs (if you like) so your never surprized (like when streaming slacker Radio or playing Need For Speed Undercover)

Below that is Project ION Pocket Digital Clock w/ day and date (Size and colors are adjustable. A Clock was hard to find for wvga)

Unfortunately below that is the stock "Messages" today plugin (not because its better than others but because I couldnt FIND other message plugins for 6.5)

And finally there is LoFFactory Easy Today Launcher v1.1 Providing me (currently) 30 large icons to easily tap w/ my big fingers.

Having "one tap access" to my top (Currenty 30) Apps. and having all my needed info on one page is so nice in actual day to day use (still cant find a good wvga weather plugin tho.... but its only one tap away with weatherbug.. )

I really get annoyed aiming and sliding and missing and sliding back, and tapping and scrolling and tapping, and tapping, just to open an app that i only need to see for 2 seconds. So this is a biggie to me.

When using apps that I don't want to close yet, or to get to the today screen in a hurry, I just hit the end key. And to open a new app while already in one, I can just hit the start button and get it in a couple taps (LOVE JSPA Program Manager for organizing all my 60+ Apps into custom folders!!). So switching apps has never been easier or faster.

So here's my question to the fine ppl here. Where can I find stuff to improve this set-up? I've looked everywhere I can but cant find decent stuff like:
Cool clocks
HD Weather Today plugins
HD Icons for programs that dont have em
6.5 ROM w/out Sence or other UI
wvga messages plugin that shows multiple types (Vmail, Missed Calls, SMS, emails, etc)
And of course anything else I dont know about? Does something like this already exist?

Thanks so much for reading all this... took forever for me to type! lo
Look forward to seeing what kinda input you can offer!
First I would definately find a titanium rom, thats about as clean as it gets. I personally use medium hill rom with titanium disabled. Weatherpanel is the way to go - love to view radar on my today screen - on 6.5.x the bottom softkeys do not work so it can be tricky to close it. For notifier icons you can try spb phone suite (its so so). I also like some rss feed displayed I use either spb news (slows phone a little) or rss hub. Pocket digital clock rocks.

If you get fed up with the entire thing consider running Wisbar Advance Desktop and create your own slim organized setup - you could do everything you mentioned with that software.