View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:35 PM
robertkmagill
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

robertkmagill is keeping up the good workrobertkmagill is keeping up the good workrobertkmagill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I may have found out why Andriod suks the living daylights out of the battery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Ummm pardon my question because im really NOT trying to come off as rude..

but couldnt your "new theory" be as relative as a light socket?? sockets have power to them, if nothings plugged in, no powere is exchanged, thus no usage for you electric bill from said socket..

whys it not the same with the USB port?? of course it has power to it.. but if nothings plugged into it and power isnt being transferred anywhere, i dont see how your "theory" means anything...

i go back and forth between Android on WinMO and i get hours and hours out of Xandroid when i use it.. yes the battery meter is off, but you can get it close with some of those .apks that people made... but ive never once thought to myself, oh crap, my battery life is terrible now..

just saying..

i appreciate the info, and great job on the successful touchstone mod to your device(yay, magnets, batteries, electronics fun)..
Because the phone is Not supposed to supply a reverse current on
the USB port when sitting idle. And they dont work like lamp sockets