View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:15 PM
DaPeeps
Halfway to VIP Status

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: iphone 4 Questions ;)

I have an iPhone 4 and so does my roommate. We live in Oklahoma City. We don't have any signal issues with the occasional exception of inside our bedrooms, but only once in a blue moon. Skype works flawlessly over wifi and 3g. if you jailbreak it and get 3gunrestrictor or My3G, you can use Facetime (and other apps that normally cant use cell data) over 3G.

Take my word for it...I owned a lot of WinMo phones before I got an iPhone 3GS. I have also toyed around with many Android phones. I used to sit on this site and constantly craptalk the iPhone. I'm not too proud to admit when I am wrong...and I was wrong. Period. All fanboyism aside, the iPhone is simply the best device out there (in my opinion) and thats why I have it. If Windows Phone 7 is better, I'll get it. But my experience with the iPhone 3GS was SO GOOD (coming from a Touch Pro on Sprint), that I waited outside a Radioshack from 3AM till 9AM to get an iPhone 4 on launch day. The antenna issue is blown way out of proportion. It DOES occur, but not to the point of dropped calls, at least not for me. And I got my free bumper from Apple, and now it doesnt happen at all. (Sidenote - The Bumper is AWESOME...the best case for it, IMHO). I don't have to reboot it several times a day, I dont need to worry about custom roms and the problems that can come with them. It does everything all the other phones...it just makes it easier to do and look better in the process.

I would highly recommend it. I have never, not ONCE, come across anything I was able to do on my WinMo phones that I can't do on a (jailbroken) iPhone.
Its not perfect, but its the closest to it. Apple can make things a pain sometimes...but its worth it. TOTALLY.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
This post has been thanked 2 times.