Old 08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
ctiger
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Question for activate phone on Sprint network with custom ROM

OK, sorry about posting in upgrade forum.
I downloaded the profile_PRL_update cab from OMJ's ROM first page, and used it to updated the profile, and it worked.
I also found that, by running the PST in folder Phone Code, there're three options, View, Edit, Exit? When select Edit, it requests passcode, I put the code that's given by the activation process, the secondary code, not the one time use only code, it actually let me through. That's in the manual activation process, input the code between ## and #, not include "#". Then you can edit one field, I remember it's MSID. I think, I didn't try, by changing the MSID to the one provided in the procedure of activation by Sprint, you can activate the phone. I used the profile update, and that worked for me. But to my understanding, the only thing that needs to be changed is this MSID, because when I chose view, that's the one that I found didn't match the procedure.
Roll it back to stock rom just take too much effort. I changed the radio too, so I'll have to do all those again.
This might only work for OMJ's rom because I didn't see a phone code folder in some other roms I used. But, that said, you can either install the Profile update cab to activate or install the phone code cab, I saw it somewhere.