View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
accessing
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unable to connect phone to computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebrothehobo View Post
I want to flash a custom rom to my HTC touch pro, but i am unable to because my computer doesn't recognize the phone. When i plug it in, my phone gives me the option 'disk drive' or 'active sync' and when i choose disk drive, it shows up as a removable device under my computer and i can put phones on my micro sd card that way, but if i choose activesync, nothing happens. and when i install windows mobile device center, it doesn't recognize my phone and when it says it is installing the drivers, it fails because it says the device is unplugged, even though that is not the case.

I have a HTC touch pro running WM6.1. My computer is windows 7 32-bit. I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, but help is greatly appreciated.
I had that issue before with mobile device center. Anyway, you can flash a rom by holding the power button the down volume button on the phone and reset with the stylus. Remove the stylus but keep pressing the pwr and vol down button until the tri color screen shows. Then hook the phone up to the computer and flash the rom.