View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:06 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7 Detailed Review: Should I just Go Android Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster38122 View Post
I admit I am an Android fan. With all the viruses MS has to face are there any plans to combat that? I have not seen anything yet to make me wanna jump ship. I love my big screened EVO
What?!?!....I think you are misunderstanding...there is not many viruses if any for phone OS yet....

That said..there is a little misunderstanding...the main reason why windows has so many viruses is because of the fact that it has so many users..so if you are making a virus..you would usually target the largest possible audience....in retro spec Mac and even Linux may have just as many security holes...they are just not found as the OS are used less frequently...of course linux may be a bit more secure due to its open source nature...

On the original topic..there is really no reason not to choose Android over WP7....by common trends new OS are always faulty and have lots of bugs with little QC and lack of features...WP7 may be worth looking at a year from now...but as it stands its a new OS....Android on the other hand has started to reach maturity.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)