View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:40 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsethy
Can someone post the value for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\Touch?

I'm hoping just replacing this can temporarily fix my screen.

On a separate note, I bought my Diamond from Amazon 8 months ago, and the digitizer went all wonky, so I called HTC to see how to get it fixed, and they said that the warranty expired last September and they won't honor the whole 12 months from the date of purchase because Amazon isn't authorized to sell HTC products. Does this make sense to anyone?
Look for a replacement digitizer/lcd combo on ebay or do a google search if you want to do the work yourself.
I say take it to the nearest repair center and pay them to replace the digitizer/lcd. You'll get a warranty on that work.
Otherwise, if you have the insurance then get a replacement.