View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:50 AM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-Click Droid X Root/UnRoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
You have to download & install the wireless tether from the marketplace.

It will not work if the phone is not rooted first.

~John
So rooting should come before ANYTHING else, once we purchase the phone? Based on the usual time line for all previous releases over the past year or so, how long is it until a Root is available with the Droid 2 is launched on August 12th?

I'm most interested in the wifi tethering in "Infrastructure Mode" meaning that devices that can't connect to "Ad-Hoc" hotspots will be able to get online, such as the PS3 - which will FINALLY allow me to play on-line and watch Netflix streaming (without having to buy a $160 cradle point mobile router, or go through 100 steps to share my laptop's wifi)!

PS: Where should new D2 owners keep their eyes peeled for the first 'official' Root for the phone?
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!