gcianc
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Waiting for Superphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
You don't have a clue. My Incredible on it's worst day had at least 8 hrs battery life and with a few tweaks it usually gets 14 to 16 hrs with a 1500 mAh batt. It is also extremely fast and will be even faster with froyo 2.2.
In other words it is not slow , laggy , or outdated like your Imagio and my Imagio.
8-hours... yeah if you charge it periodically or do nothing at all with it. that still doesn't even last a day of work. PATHETIC.

sure the incredible is a decent device but no more than a 9 month old 2009 model HD2. oh yeah the HD2 has a better screen too. ROTFLMAO. I mean if you're going to pop off at least have a newer device that runs at 1GHZ (check incredible's cpu throttling) like droidX (also w/ better screen).

anyways comparing a new "superphone" (with bad battery life) to an old (last generation) WM6.5 device is super lame. especially when said outdated phone (imagio) can pretty much do ANYTHING i need (turn by turn gps, slingbox, exchange, outlook, calender, windowslive contact sync, ms office, browser, etc.) at this point.

get a clue
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences