View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:42 AM
caveritt
N00b

caveritt is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Waiting for Superphone

I am jumping ship to the X. Gonna take it like two weeks to get here but I have finally had it with these WinMo devices. I have been through 5 different WinMo devices and I am so sick of never having enough memory overhead to do anything.

- My Treo 700wx would lock up every time I opened the camera and/or browser
- My HTC Touch, although did have a good bit of overhead in the memory department, was so flimsy the case cracked in several different locations within weeks of getting it and was so slow it was not very practical.
- My HTC Touch Pro, was probably my favorite but still had very bad memory issues and constantly ran around 90% mem usage. Also, had to send this one back multiple times due to oil or something under the screen.
- My Samsung Omnia (actually my wifes), still has memory issues though not as bad since it was not running the HTC manilla, but the screen was impossible to see in the day light and did not respond well to finger inputs, which was stupid since the thing did not have an onboard stylus.
- My HTC Touch Pro 2, hated the size after I saw the imagio, so I switched. Still a mem hog but better then the Touch Pro.
- My HTC Imagio, so far has been my favorite phone and after several tweaks I have gotten it where I have about 35% memory available. Phone is still slow compared to the Droid. Also, limited support in the ROM devs, and I think ERGZ is the only one building right now.

- Moto Droid X - CAN'T WAIT. SOOOO LONG WINMO. ITS BEEN REAL BUT IT AIN'T BEEN REAL FUN!!!