View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 PM
smartbusiness2003
N00b

smartbusiness2003 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Waiting for Superphone

I have officially given up on trying to make my Imagio perform better by making it faster or more stable. Between overclocking the CPU (btw 604mhz to 791mhz) and disabling all UI's (I'm just running the plain today screen with Easy Today Launcher), I am still not able to do what I consider daily basic functions without locking up the phone at some point. I need to use Google Maps (or Bing), play music, sync my contacts-calendar-email with google exchange on an "as received" basis (only because I cancelled my text plan with Verizon and just use Google Voice's free texting service which comes through on my email), and constantly run Fring (because I use Google Voice, Sipgate, and PBXes to make free VOIP calls from the phone. I also need Fring running for instant messaging). Trying to get my Imagio to do all of this everyday has been a very discouraging task. I have decided that instead of driving myself crazy and continuously hoping that I will come to this forum and see that my prayers have been answered and some genius has built an Android kernel for the Imagio, I will stick it out and patiently wait for Verizon to release the first:
4G (LTE Network) capable
2ghz CPU
Nvidia GPU
1 Gb or more of Ram
10mp & 1080p camera-camcorder
Android 3.0 OS
720p or higher resolution screen.

If the rumors are correct, I will not have to wait long. Maybe November or December. Latest will probably be January 2011. This is just my 2 cents......

but seriously, how much would you LOVE to have this super phone?!