View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: leaked Froyo update fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
Everyone... After many discussions with both HTC and Sprint technical support teams, Sprint now has at their corp. stores a fix for the problem. When talking to the tech at the store... he said it just came to them this morning. It looked to be a FULL version of the 2.2 software. They downloaded it and applied it to my phone...and I am now at the proper software level.

They DID NOT have any way to take me back to an old version...but I was not rooted so it did not matter to me.

So anyone who wants to update will know what to do......
I used the megaupload download link posted by Pojoman on XDA. RUU ran and did it's thing. phone reports xx.6

An Official Fix is now currently available for those that applied the leaked Froyo update (3.26.651.3).

+1 Confirmed just now got off the phone with a third party Sprint Repair Center in Downtown Miami, she checked her email just now and confirmed. She is currently downloading the "fix" and will call me back when she has it, for me to bring my phone for her to apply it.

NOTE: She didn't know about it, until i mentioned it to her. YMMV

-CC

EDIT: Tech called me back telling me she was unable to download the linked file. She told me she spoke with her supervisor and was told that it would be made available OTA towards mid month for units affected. She also noted that it maybe a different story at a corporate store...

Last edited by clockcycle; 08-06-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Follow-Up