View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
PPCG Review: Tether For Blackberry (TetherBerry)

Today I had the opportunity to review a nice little app for Blackberry called Tether (what used to be TetherBerry). Its around $50, so its a little on the expensive side, but it works great.

Its similar to PDANet for those of you Windows Mobile users. You basically have a client on your PC and on your Blackberry, then you can tether your Blackberry's internet and get online with your PC. When you start the app it gives you an option of tethering via USB or Bluetooth. After making your selection, the connection is almost instant, at least with USB.

Speeds are what you expect though, depending on the network and congestion. I was getting around 1Mbps down and 768Kbps up, which isn't too shabby on EVDO.

I tested the program a couple of times and it worked flawlessly each time.

I would highly recommend this to anyone that travels and either doesn't have an aircard or doesn't want to pay the tethering fee on your carrier.

A word of caution though, don't go overboard with your usage or the carrier might catch on.

You can find it in the PPCGeeks store here: http://store.ppcgeeks.com/product.as...or-BlackBerry#