View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:14 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Super AMOLED Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
I have looked at super amoled (samsung galaxy), I played with it at a store while holding an iPhone4 next to it..the difference is night and day. The text doesnt even have to be that small to see how much sharper the iPhone4 retina display is, and how purple/blue the super amoled screen is compared to the iPhone4.
See thats the problem..you have to view things from their own perspective..if you use your iphone4 as a "bases" where the screen is unsaturated...then look at a saturated screen it will look "too saturated" thus the color balance..if you were to look at it normally you would notice it is fine...its same thing as when coming from a dark room into a bright room makes the bright room seem unnatural..

Quote:
Just the text displayed under icons and widgets looks muddy compared to beautiful crisp fonts on the retina display.
Again your trying too hard...personally I have a TP2 and I don't really care if it had more pixels per inch...it looks fine..obviously if I were to put it next to an iphone4 I would notice it is not as sharp..but its sharp enough for most people for general use...if I ever wanted anything is more colors...

Quote:
In addition apple manufactured the screen so its basically displaying things on the glass itself..all other screen technologies look as if they are under a thin layer of glass..which they are. But only the Retina display has ever given me the feeling like I am holding a printed photo for example.
Actually its the other way around...the Super AMOLED is the thinnest of them all because everything is embedded into the glass...The iphone 4 is no where close to photo quality...as stated it is dull and since I work with graphics so much I know the difference even if 1 pixel was off...

Quote:
Amoled is a good idea, but the fact that they use pentile and have HUGE blue and red pixels and tiny green pixels means that colors will always be too blue, and fine detail is lost.
Actually the human eye distinguishes greens better then any other color..the tinting that was caused in old AMOLED was because the included more blue thus making it unnatural...no one has reported this with Super Amoled

Quote:
Whats the point of a high res screen if it uses pentile technology? Its like having a car capable of going 500 MPH but putting cinderblocks on it instead of tires.
Let me ask you this..whats the point of having a car go 500 miles an hour when the speed limit is 65 mph?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)