View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 02:05 PM
cg83
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW Killing Data Plans By End Of The Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Dumb, just another way they can rip off the customer. As phones coming out require more internet access, they will just keep billing you.

Personaly, I have never been impressed with the speeds of Verizon internet on any of my phones....

I guess Verizon will release the price changes once they get the iPhone... I would assume.

couldnt have said that any better myself. the so called "3G" speeds are horrible in the Philly area.

I was was reading some post that said one of the main reasons this could happen is because the VZW users consume more internet then others(people with Incrediable and X were targeted most) and they claim it was only going to get worse when the Iphone comes out, lol.

also this doesnt help the cause either:

Validas study finds Verizon smartphones consuming more data than iPhones

By Darren Murph posted Jul 30th 2010 9:19AM

You know how we've good reason to believe that Verizon Wireless is at least mulling the switch to capped / tiered data plans? Yeah. An independent Validas research report has found that, between January and May of this year (pre-AT&T caps), Verizon's stable of smartphones collectively averaged more data consumption per month that Apple's iPhone. Of course, this quite literally compares an Apple to every smartphone on Verizon save for BlackBerries, but given how much squalling we've heard from Ma Bell about this rampant iPhone data usage, we're pleased to see a few facts that spin things the other way. The company's full report is due out in September, but investigation of over 20,000 wireless bills found that VZW smartphones "are consuming more wireless data than AT&T iPhones by a ratio of roughly 1.25:1," with the average Verizon user eating up 421MB per month and the average iPhone user consuming 338MB per month. It also points out that "nearly twice as many Verizon Wireless smartphone users are consuming 500MB to 1GB per month compared to AT&T iPhone users." You learn something new everyday, right?