View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 PM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-Click Droid X Root/UnRoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
Glad to see you didn't have to wait long to get your X! I just did this myself and am now successfully rooted.
Wow this looks awesome, and super easy. Will it work on both the Droid X and the Droid 2 when it comes out in a couple weeks?

I've always had a WinMo phone, and been with the Touch Pro 2 for about a year now, and always custom install ROMs like Mighty ROM etc, so I've never 'rooted' before. From what I understand, Rooting allows things that Verizon tried to disable, like wireless tethering to internet devices - but I thought the Droid X came with built in native 3G hotspot sharing?

Are there any other admin privileges rooting allows us to take advantage of, or a link where I can read up about it, since I'm 99.9% intent on upgrading to an Android phone in the next couple weeks? THANKS!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!