Thread: SciPhone i9
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: SciPhone i9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham31962 View Post
I have the ATT Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2) it works well, and kudos to all the hard working developers here at XDA, and other sites. Now that thats out of the way here is my question, problem. My brother gave me a Sciphone i9 for my birthday this year and said "here keep it see what you can do with it." Now I've heard that it is possible to change the os and firmware of it to winmo, iphone or even android. I've been searching threads and post to find any information on how to do this and have come up empty. So does anyone have any insight on this iclone it has dual sim cards. I've inserted my ATT sim into it and it works fine, I would like to use winmo or better os than the java thats on it. Hit me up if you can help a semi newbie.

I'm pretty sure hte Sciphone runs windows mobile 6.1, with an iPhone-like UI on top to try to be an iPhone.

If you can unlock the SPL you could probably flash a 6.5 ROM on it, but I don't know of any devs who support that phone or if there is an HSPL compatible with it.

I doubt you would ever get Android on it because I don't know of any Android devs porting haret to the Sciphone.

You cannot get iOS to run on it because anyone who even started to think about considering porting iOS would get slapped with a lawsuit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.