View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
syanni85
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DIY - Custom Evo Gaming Mount! (**Wiimote**/SNES/NES/etc.)

I'd like to apologize for the pictures, i had low light at home, but i'm sure you get the point

PROTOTYPE ONE~

BOOMSAKALAKA!!!!

Short List of what my procedure was:
1. unscrew top screws
2. cut to fit Evo landscape
3. put plastic on for fitment before glue.
4. applied glue to plastic, then glued to the wheel.
Waited to dry.

So I am always looking for ways to be crafty, and after CM6 was released, I needed a way to play my NBA Jam, NBA Hangtime, Megaman, etc. with a wiimote.

I was at the dollar store with my gf (Dollar Tree), and saw this Wii Steering wheel for a buck. I said what the heck, i'll buy it and make a project out of it.

Well, about an hour and a half later, i have my customized GameGear-Like Mount(Evo Edition)...

The wheel comes in 2 halves, with 4 screws(one in every corner) keeping them together. I removed the top 2 screws and sliced off the top half just enough to fit my Evo landscape. Reason only the top half was modified is to have back support for the device.

The flat piece of black plastic is actually the back door to an old tv/dvd remote i had lying around, i just sliced off the prongs/clips to make it as flat as possible.

Now the actual bracket like mount which i had superglued to the black plastic cover is from IQ Mobile solutions. I had purchased the car mount from bestbuy and it came with a few extra parts like this one. (its advertised there for an ipod/iphone, but it is completely universal, just mount the small plastic square on the back of your phone)
The product looks like this:

I slide my evo from the top into the little bracket and this thing holds like a freakin CHAMP! I couldn't be happier (except i did a half-ass job on the cutting of the plastic lol but for a DOLLAR WHO CARES!)

I couldn't take a pic while holding 2 handed, had to use a mirror lol

This is the product package I bought from Dollar Tree:

So lemme know what you guys think. Its really a simple procedure, i just can't believe it worked so well first shot!

Please don't post about the thing i had to stick on the back of my phone, if you dont like it, i'm sure you can figure a way to make something else work. I bought it as a car mount, made the sacrifice and it is Saweet! The extra pieces from the kit enabling me to make this was a blessing

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
This post has been thanked 4 times.